Friday, September 25, 2015

9/9/15 Raquel Leal

September 9th 2015


The start of these mornings are starting to be an organized regime of events. Wake up, realize your sleeping bag has lots of sand in it still from the night before, realize all you want to do is curl up into a ball in that sandy sleeping bag, make breakfast, realize you dry bag was half way open, notice that it is still pitch black outside, complain about the buzzing mosquitoes... but finally does anyone ever get the chance to be grateful for one another? That is truly something important that each of us should have in mind when we need that extra comfort when everything else seems to be falling apart. Moments like those the tribe members must come together and realize that chatting with one another is what we need, do not hide from those lingering emotions, and embrace them! I am not one to be the first one to speak up when something needs to be said, but I will say this I am all ears and will try my best to give some advice for those lonely moments. I have noticed how different each tribe member is, and we all carry something so essential and that creates this group's energies of "let us keep on keepin' on!" I believe this adventure is going to teach all of us not only the skills to preform but as well what we all have to offer to this world. We are all like significant ripples in the water just growing more and more each day. We must all also be brave enough to know our own potential because without that confidence then what is left? What are we looking for? Do you really want to go that extra mile to see what you are capable of? Those questions I ask myself on a regular basis...mostly because I do not feel adequate for this expedition. I have had dreams of being on my own since I was a little girl, getting the chance to experience for myself what is really out there instead of the initial scare of going outside because my mother was an over protector. I have a mindset and it is set in stone, being out in this beautiful Canadian Missinabi River going wherever the wind blows us, but in the direction of the itinerary. I am CONFIDENT, ARE YOU?
Rockyyy


No comments:

Post a Comment