Thursday, September 24, 2015

8/17/15 Meaghan Mason


Day 3: Monday August 17th, 2015

Today is the third day of ECOEE, and I'm still in disbelief that I am actually here. Most of the day today was spent learning and applying the basics of canoeing. We learned the pry, stern, j stroke, the draw, and how to perform a T-rescue. While I'm still struggling with some of the strokes and my steering could use a lot of work, I feel like I learned more about canoeing today than I have in all my previous experiences combined. We are only on the third day and I feel like I'm learning so much (and finding out exactly how much I don't know in the process. When I think about everything that is about to come I am still nervous about some aspects but at this point my anticipation and excitement for what we will see, experience, and learn for out ways any negative emotions or anxiety I feel.

-Meaghan L. Mason



No comments:

Post a Comment