Friday, September 25, 2015

9/17/2015 MO

9/17/2015
Are we there yet? The sun has not stopped shining, the birds keep singing, and I would not want to be anywhere else then where I am now. What is the point of rushing to the end when we all know it is so near? Before we all know it, Canada will be gone with a blink of an eye. It is exciting to a room with walls and a comfy bed after being in a canoe for 28 days doing 200 miles with the same people. But why waste energy on frustration, worries, and/or impatience when that energy can be made into something new? Like an appreciation for the fresh water that surrounds us on the Missinaibi River, the challenging but most enjoyable rapids that lie ahead of us, and the miles we committed too because guess what? Each of us committed to this expedition. I am going to make these last few days count because of what Canada and all you have given me. I am not going to waste or energy on what is not in the picture because I owe it to you all and myself to enjoy and work for these last moments in Canada. I will stay grateful for what I have been given. I will be grateful to fall asleep at night with peace of having the ability to be patient, learn, and smile. I am stuck in a canoe all flipping day but I love every moment of it even the frustrating time. And yes, I am a believer in dreams and hopes but I will work hard until I succeed. And my energy will not be wasted because I love every minute of what I do. And I chose this for a reason. Didn't you?

            -Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment