Friday, September 25, 2015

8/25/2015 MO

8/25/2015
My pants and my shoes use to be clean but now sand, water, and rocks fill in every place they can. I look up to the sky and beg the sun to break through the deep, dark, mysterious fog that hangs above our heads. I eat dinner with no table, sit on no chair, and I have no bed to rest my head on. Not having the comfort we, as humans, are so use to having has given me the opportunity to be grateful for a pot full of hot water, a pair of wool socks, and the company of those on the expedition with me. From being smelly to having to deal with one another we have much to overcome and so many skills to learn. This is challenge by choice and I accept the mental, physical, and emotional challenge. I accept to take care of myself, one another, and I accept to wake up each morning remembering that the sun will shine again. You know what they say, “what doesn't kill you, gives you strength.” And I will succeed, will you?

            -Mo


No comments:

Post a Comment