Friday, September 25, 2015

9/5/15 Kyle Salz

9/5/15
                Today, I woke up and knew I had a lot of debriefing to do today. So, I took my time getting up before crawling out of the tent to another beautiful day in Ontario. The sun was coming up and the skies where blue. I started packing some of my stuff up as I thought I was going to move tents for the first time. Steve Acuff decided to cook same breakfast about a half hour before our first meeting. Some eggs and cheese it looked and smelled good until the pan fell off the stove. Right into the fire pit, he then tried to save some of it so he ate the top half that was not dirty.
                We went to our leader of the week debrief at 8am. Which took longer than I expected but we talked about a lot. I got a lot of feedback for myself and will use it from this day forward. After, we got done we went right to the next meeting with the group. Which that took an hour or so I was really not keeping track of time. I was glad when we got done with it. Since, I turned my keys over to the new leaders of the week (LOW) but I do think I will miss being a LOW this coming week. Had sometime before my first meeting so I washed my clothes for the first time in two weeks and hung them up to dry. Finally, it was time for this third and final meeting of the day. For the tent group evaluations which went very well and learned some things that I need to keep working on. Once, done with that meeting I got some free time to do what I wanted to do.
                Bobby and I decided we were going to go out for a swim and relax for a while. We went out to the beach on Missinaibe Lake for about an hour or so just relaxing in the water and talking. Then we decided that some big rocks on one of the points looked like a good place to sit. So, we walked out the point and got out of the water. Began to dry off of course you can just sit one way to the sun the whole time. We laid down on the rock and started to sun tan in Canada. We both thought at that “who thought we would ever be sun tanning in Canada in early September. We came back had a good dinner.

                Then we went out fishing Caleb, Bobby, and I to end the day. The sun was setting over the trees to the West as Caleb and Bobby paddle that way. We through our lines out trying to catch Walleye and then Bobby was the first to catch one. It was about a foot long or so but nothing special. As we kept fishing Caleb was the next to catch about a two and a half foot walleye nice size. I did not catch anything but had a fun time going out and to end the day off was nice that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment