Friday, September 25, 2015

9/22/2015 Meg Mason

9/22/2015

It's such a weird feeling to be back in the front country again after 28 days in the wilderness of Ontario. Now instead of spending 6 hours in a canoe I am spending 6 hours in a 15 passenger van. Despite the more physical nature of canoeing  and the constant awareness that was required being in a canoe was in many ways so much simpler and so much more straightforward. Now that we are in the front country it seems that the options are limitless... I have sometimes found myself overwhelmed and overstimulated by everything in front of me, and I was sitting on the granite rocks that line the river's edge overlooking a set of rapids. Falling asleep at night with only the stars and the moon to light up the night time sky. As much as I have enjoyed contacting family and friends again. I find myself missing the wilderness and longing to return to it. As strange as it might sound I look forward to the next time I can put in a hard day of paddling or backpacking and arrive to a remote campsite where I can fall asleep listening to the call of a loon or the sound of rushing water.

-Meahgan


No comments:

Post a Comment