Thursday, September 24, 2015

8/16/15 MO

Day 2: Sunday August 16th 2015.

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to conquer the second day of ECOEE 2015. Pancakes and eggs were already being made when I walked into the kitchen. We called the pancakes "demented" because of the way they looked (black) but they were still so good! After breakfast, we started a long day on our feet, preparing for our expedition of a lifetime. Today, we prepared the food for the back country. This consists of table after table full of dehydrated foods that I will cook for myself and the rest of the tribe. I got excited looking at all the groceries I was picking out to cook and to enjoy. Our class has been working together so well by helping each other getting tasks accomplished, being patient, and enjoying each other's company. This is the experience of a lifetime for all of us. Anxiety is high and so are the expectations but our energy is still high and alive. I am happy to be here and am ready for adventure. The future is unexpected and it is up to us to make this adventure worth every moment. This is the second day of ECOEE 2015 and I have already learned so much about myself, being a leader as well as the group. We will set goals, see the beautiful unknown that we have never seen before...smell what has been never been smelt before, hear what can bring fear to our minds, and feel freedom from being determined and passionate. Our goals are separated but intertwined. I am excited to see the leaders that we will become by the end of the trip.

- MO


No comments:

Post a Comment