Friday, September 25, 2015

9/20/2015 MO

9/20/2015
What a strange feeling it is. Getting off the canoes into civilization was a magical feeling. Leaving the green moss, the shady trees, and the hidden gems of the Missinaibi River left me with feelings of wonder. I had no connection to anything and could hear my own thoughts loud and clear which made me very calm in the woods.  A fear that I would once again lose touch of my surroundings and myself. So how do I keep it going? Can I feel and act the same way I did being covered and lost in the woods? I am sitting in a van now and not a canoe. How much of a difference is it actually? I have a lot of reflection to do at this time of my life. The pros and the cons of are back country and front country are swarming my mind. I enjoyed our meal together in a restaurant but I cannot help but think I would enjoy some noodles out in the woods more. I have decisions to make and things that need answers. To answer these questions I have exploring that I need to accomplish. I want to keep my senses aware and stretch myself from my comfort zone. I still have a lot to learn and I am happy to say I do not think the learning will ever stop. Where am I going with what I am learning and what am I becoming? I can only find what I am looking for by realizing everything I am is right in front of me and that is where I begin exploring. What a strange feeling it is to leave the woods to become a part of civilization once again but what a magical feeling it is. The woods is dark and deep but it brings light to what is important. Nature speaks to those who listen and if you listen carefully. You will find out things that no one else may never know.
            -Mo



No comments:

Post a Comment