Friday, September 25, 2015

9/15/15 Kyle Salz

9/15/15

                I woke up this morning at 6am by Josh. Who told me that it was starting to sprinkle? The first thing I thought was to get up and get everything packed. I get up and about a half an hour later or so the sky clears and the sun starts coming up. Now, instead of having a rainy day it is going to be another sunny day. Which it did turn out to be about 70 degrees or so with a light breeze all day. So, instead of paddling right off the bat this morning we did an interpretations and a lesson. Bobby interpretation on different settlements in Canada. Meaghan interpretation on characters of the region which we learned who was the first millionaire in the United States was a fur trader. Jeff had all of us take a judgement test today. It was very confusing but at the same time I know that I learned a lot from. After, getting done with the lessons around noon. We finally pushed off around noon. To start our journey for the day as it was a nice short paddle. We arrived at the Pond Falls portage an half an hour later or so. Walked across and half way is a campsite. I took a short break between moving gear to go see what it looked like. It was a good size campsite but the best part about that the falls where a 100 feet away. They were so cool to look at and listen too before getting back to portaging. Finished loading the canoes and pushed off to our next portage that was less than a quarter mile away. I started unloading the gear and portage our canoe across a short trail. Thinking that we were continuing on form there I got more of my gear across. By this time all the canoes and everyone was beginning to move gear across the portage. Then all of a sudden… a storm moved in quickly and no one wanted to communicate. We were told that we were moving on then camping here. At this point I was really confused and frustrated and it seemed to me that some others members where to. Finally, after the leaders of the week took some time to talk it through. We all came to a conclusion that this would be camp for the night. It not very big but it could be worse. Has a nice place to swim and fish. Bobby and I went out fishing for a couple of hours. Bobby caught a lot of fish while I just caught a lot of snags. We cooked a bass, walleye, and Northern pike for dinner and rice it was all very good. The night is clear and the stars, no tents are up everyone is out in the clear skies. A have the sounds of the falls to go to sleep too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment