Friday, September 25, 2015

9/6/2015 MO

9/6/2015
The adventure never ends and it always begins. To Hawk Junction to Blue Bay to Dog and Lake to Crooked Lake to Elsin Bay and to all those in between, the adventure never ends and always begins. I become stronger, I become more aware, and I become connected as I travel by canoe. Many have written stories from their knowledge they have gained through their travels on different paths down the Missnaibi River. Yet, we all share something similar. We all share the uncertainty, the unknown, and the lost thoughts of trying to find oneself. We search as we travel and we gain as hear, see, smell, and feel. I have lost myself many times before and I have found myself many times before and my journey is only ahead. What's the difference if I was in Macomb, IL with take-out pizza and a comfy couch? I am becoming connected to what was given to us in the first place. I am finding why, not only I matter but why EVERYTHING else matters. I am out in a canoe to lose touch, to get lost from society so I can find myself and gain respect for what’s around me. If I lose it again, so be it. I still have found and appreciated nature where it begins and where you make think it ends. The trees talk, the river flows, and the ground beneath my feet thank all those who have taken the time to breathe, stay silent, and listen. I thank Mother Nature every day for the whispers of the wind, the beauty that overwhelms my eyes, and the playfulness it provides. As I look out, I can only look within. And what I find there, I may never know. But you see...that's the beauty of the unknown. The adventure never ends and always begins.

            -Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment