Friday, October 16, 2015

9/26/2015 Raquel Leal


HFC-Libations 9/26/15

Today was not like any other day! Today was the day that everyone was invited to HFC to celebrate the 50th year anniversary. That was exciting to have the opportunity to get together with Doc Lupton. This man has super powers, not like Superman Clark Kent with the ability to fly but the ability to create a positive atmosphere to anyone that he makes contact with. I met this wonderful man a year ago around this time and he opened my eyes to brand new possibilities and creating a different outcome when it comes to education. He came into my classroom and explained what it was to be an outdoor leader and how the out of doors has impacted him throughout his many years of leading an outdoor program. His stories filled head with vivid places that I have always wanted to visit. His positive vibes and smiling face created this sense of well being within myself for my future endeavors to come. There was a past, present, and future theme rising when the presentation at HFC and I thought that was very significant to be apart of! Today is wonderful because we are all apart of the present and out importance is now! Having a taste of how things started off here at HFC was such a great insider to the history that created this wonderful place. I feel the triumphs knowing how hard past alumni have worked to keep this beautiful sanctuary alive. I feel gratitude for those people that have had the passion to keep open arms for the out of doors, considering this generation is not used to going outside and very well stuck on technology. I feel as though this place is my home that I can come back to visit. I really just am excited as a squirrel, not only because today we get the day off but because I am here in the NOW moment and taking one breath at a time with awesome individuals watching myself grow into a knowledgeable butterfly! As always I am grateful, everything is going to be all right, let the good and bad times roll!
-Rocky 


No comments:

Post a Comment