Saturday, October 17, 2015

9/23/2015 Kyle Salz

This morning we all got to sleep in a bit since breakfast did not start until 8:30 a.m. It was very nice, the sun was shining and blue skies. We started the day off at Bradford Woods. Where we got to shadow some of these programs. I went fishing with a few other tribe members while the others went to archery. At fishing the kids where given a cane pole an there bait was pieces of hotdogs. We got to assist in putting the bait on for them and helped take off fish as well. The students that we helped where 5th graders that were finishing there last day out. After, that group left we got to eat lunch around a buffalo tro pit which I learned what it is like a huge fire pit. Except, it is about 15 foot in diameter and is used to cook buffalo steaks on over coals. Then we took and tour of the property which is very cool with 110 acre lake which was man made. Another feature that I thought was really cool was there man made wetlands. They use the wetlands area to put septic waste in. Then the wetland with it plants and bacteria feed on the waste. Which breaks it down from there it goes down through the soil, gravel, and said beneath it back into the ground water. So, they are recycling there was to. Once, we got done with the tour we all got to sit in on their new student orientation.  Which was cool to see and be able to observe them when they are just starting to work with the new students. I had a great time at Bradford Woods and I think the rest of the tribe did too. We then hopped into the van heading back to Macomb. As we drove back I started to think about home again. Since, I saw a lot of farmers out harvesting in Indiana and Illinois. I got to thinking and realized this will be my first fall ever not being able to go home and work or even just ride during harvest. But, I know this was going to happen sooner or later and I am glad I will be on ECOEE. Enjoying the great outdoors in the processes.

No comments:

Post a Comment