Friday, October 16, 2015

9/30/2015 Trent Grossman


Wind Cave Campsite 9/30/15

Today our ECOEE tribe looked wide eyed at what seemly could have been another planet. The landscape made such an abrupt change when entering the Badlands. Many of our group members were rendered speechless. We moved from the Badlands to Mount Rushmore then we drove through Custer State Park on the way to Wind Cave. This whole day has felt strange to me; it had been a day of internal reflection. The path we traveled today was the same one I took years ago with my father and three brothers. I was reminded of the sense of wonder I felt as a child looking out of the barren landscape before me. The excited yells of children at Mount Rushmore took me back to my first visit. Viewing buffalo grazing was wonderful but seeing my comrades view them for the first time was much more wonderful. Seeing these places for the second time has sent me into deep thought. I have been thinking of the way I approached them when I was a child and how I have changed. It made me think more in depth about which I am today and the way I am viewing these places now. The wonder is still there and I am happy to say and do not think that will ever change.
-Trent Grossman   

No comments:

Post a Comment