Friday, October 16, 2015

9/28/2015 Bob Liston



What an odd week it has been. The transition period from the Missinaibi River with ZERO civilization to seeing familiar faces is definitely unique. As we prepare to head out west we are inspired by the words of the one and only, Frank (Doc) Lupton. I take great pride in my ECOEE tribe and now I am reminded by this great man how lucky I really am to be on this trip of a lifetime. This is my football team, my wolf pack, my frat, my battalion, my group, but most importantly my life. It really has been flying by so quickly. I feel like if I blink I will be 50 years old telling my children about this. You can forget your friend’s birthday, you can forget your wallet at the movie theatre, you can forget to take that pizza out of the oven, you can forget that pair of jeans you bought in high school, or that shirt you left at your ex girlfriend’s or boyfriend’s house or even the lyrics to an old familiar song but you will not forget ECOEE. Will you remember being yelled at by a LOW to get moving in the morning or will you remember that you packed your things the night before we had time to hike on an extra trail in the Badlands? Forget sleeping in, partying or basic education in brick walls, we have ECOEE for a short period of time. You better believe I am going to make the best of this trip because before you know it, it is gone. POOF. Only a memory and the skills and experience we need to make people’s lives better in the real world. So let’s take on the west together in unity. I know my fifth grade self would be so happy to know that I am finally going there and not on a vacation to learn and understand. So come on ECOEE tribe, Carpe Diem!
-Bobby Liston

No comments:

Post a Comment