Tuesday, November 3, 2015

10/18/15 MO


10/18/2015
I wake up and huge Ponderosas stand above me against the morning sky. I have never seen trees so big and how mesmerizing it is. The differences from California and Illinois are very obvious. The trees here are huge and there are so many different people too! And different types of people at that (i.e. tourist, climbers, and the French). The diversity of people is truly amazing but also Yosemite land forms are pretty outstanding as well. I would have never imagined Yosemite to look the way it does. The trees to geology grabbed my attention right away! And it is all thanks to what some people might think of as destruction. A.k.a Dinos getting blown up by an asteroid and the ice age that formed the magnificent nature that surrounds me. The destruction actually brought beauty and brought each one of us here today! For millions and millions of year people have been roaming the same ground beneath my own 2 feet. And the best part is, I get to learn about the rock formations, the trees that fill the sky, and the people that explored through the valley I now rest my eyes upon. And the best part of all this is, I have been learning all of this information by traveling from place to place, mountain to mountain! To hear new things, see new things, feel new things, and meet new people! I could learn about Yosemite for days, days, and more days but I have miles to go and promises to keep. ECOEE gives you a taste of each place but not much more. The taste is too sweet that at the end it leaves me a little bitter. I have so much I want to accomplish in such a short life span! The only way to do that is to make a to-do list aka bucket list for myself and then make sure I accomplish my dreams! And I thank ECOEE, for showing me that I can accomplish my dreams. All I have to do is plan, think, and work for it. The world is in front of me!!! I shall hug many trees, learn many things, and cook some awesome meals. We only have one short life to live and I want to make sure I use it to my BEST ability.



No comments:

Post a Comment