Friday, November 6, 2015

10/28/15 Meaghan Mason


10/28/15
I woke up this morning at 5:45 a.m. when a fellow tribe member quietly moved over to tell me that there was a sea turtle laying her eggs on the beach. I think it was the best send off I could have hoped for and I am so grateful to have been able to see it especially after learning just how rare of an occurrence it actually is. Today marks the end of our sea kayaking portion of the expedition. For me it is a bittersweet ending, I am excited to get back to casa Azul and for the climbing and backpacking portion of the trip that lie ahead, but at the same time I will miss the early morning paddles with the sun slowly rising over the water and the nights spent under the moon and stars listening to the tides come in. I will miss many things about Bahia de los Angeles but hopefully someday I will be able to come back.
                                                                                                                  Meaghan Mason


No comments:

Post a Comment