Saturday, November 7, 2015

11/7/15 Bobby Liston

Sleeping out in my bivvy sack for the past few days has been an experience. I never really knew how cold it actually got here in this part of Arizona, and even in my zero degree Marmot Sleeping bag I am shivering. I finally got to enjoy the Grand Canyon. Yesterday by going to the South Raihab trail. It was absolutely amazing to finally hike into the canyon. The past few days have been very depressing. Everybody has been doing homework inside buildings in the National Parks instead of enjoying them. The homework scare expedition meeting made all of us forget the experience and finish our homework.   I gave up learning how to climb and now going back packing in the Gilla Wilderness to do homework for the rest of the trip. I love learning about how we ned to get children out in the wilderness and off of their electronics and meanwhile we are glued to ours 24/7 in the most interesting places on Earth. It is very depressing and I hope this turns around or that we can all pass our classes. Since the nature centers we went to were not ready for us, or they did not count. We are to give up the coolest part of the trip the next few weeks to be sitting in a van doing homework, and driving... is going to be so much fun.
-Bobby Liston 



No comments:

Post a Comment