Friday, November 6, 2015

11/1/15 Raquel Leal


Today is a brand new day and as hard it is to believe, ECOEE is almost over. I am pretty excited to get to go back to have the opportunity to do my own thing. I have lots of goals that I want to fulfill after this strenuous trip. I want to hangout with my mamasita way more, as well as my brother. I know I have been missing out on quite some things, and I do not know how our instructor does this ever year. I cannot wrap my head around how he manages to be away from... I am not at all one bit regretting coming on this trip just regretting not taking advantage of precious time doing homework. Although I am super behind in my homework assignments I still have some strange hope that everything is going to be okay. My procrastination is taking over at the moment and it is not a great feeling, currently at Joshua Tree National Park and doing homework instead of climbing with my other fellow ECOEE mates makes me feel even worse. I want to leave this trip with a better mindset in life as well as academics. I cannot continuously keep on making the same mistakes throughout my life...things need to change! I want to believe that anything is possible as long as I have a vision. You know what they say "When you're running on empty... you are usually not." At times I truly feel hopeless and do not know what to do. At times I feel as though, that I have not been stepping up as much as I should have or could have. It is almost the end and the keeps popping into my head, and I cannot help but looking forward to that. It seems really hard to focus on the right now, present timing I am very focused on the future as well as where I am going to end up after this trip. Distractions are all over the place, and my wandering mind just keeps going to space, next semester, space, my dog, and my bed. That seems to be the hardest thing to do at the moment and I hate it so much. I do not regret anything that has happened, because everything happens for a reason and I am willing to accept whatever comes in my direction.  


No comments:

Post a Comment